Today, i had a problem in connecting to our company’s ESXi’s console. Luckily after a fast googling i learnt there is another possibility.
After connecting to your host using yout vSphere Client:
- Select the ESX host you want to enable SSH in
- Select the “Configuration” tab
- In the second lable on the left (Software) you will find “Security Profile”
- Click on “Properties” in the “Services” section (the first on top)
- Select “SSH” and click “Options…”
- In the label “Startup Policy” select “Start and stop with host”
- In the label “Service Commands” and start the service.